Past-
firstpicofchurch    

Our History

Clydes Church was officially established on April 21, 1883.
In December 1887, Clydes Church became affilated with the Methodist – Episcopal Church South and was part of the Leesville, S.C. circuit.
Clydes Chapel was received into the Southern Methodist Church on November 19, 1942 at Bowman, S.C.

In 1950 six Sunday School rooms were added and sometime later the church sanctuary was bricked.
secondpicofchurch

New furniture was installed in 1956.

A Fellowship Hall was added in 1964. 
thirdpicofchurch

In 1971 central air conditioning and heat were installed.

In 1973 the sanctuary was carpeted.
Three more Sunday School rooms were added in 1976. 
fourthpicofchurch

Stain glass windows were installed in the sanctuary in 1987.

A new Fellowship Hall was constructed in 1992 unattached from the main church building.  The original Fellowship Hall was then converted into three additional Sunday School rooms.  Two of the existing Sunday School rooms were converted to make one a women’s restroom and the other a church office/pastor study.

 

Construction on a new sanctuary began in late 2007.  Our last worship service in the original church was on November 25, 2007.  Construction of the new sanctuary was complete by the end of July 2008 and a dedication service was held on August 3, 2008.

Today-

presentpicofchurch